Now that all information has been presented and all participants have a safe forum, it is time to move forward from dialogue to actionable decisions
Points to consider:
· Is the final decision to be made collaboratively or is there a person who has the sole authority to make the final decision?
· Will the decision maker consider the input of others in the decision or do they have the full authority?
· If there is no established decision maker, the group must decide how to decide
o Will there be a vote
o Will there be a consensus decision?
Considerations for who should make a decision:
· Who cares deeply about the decision?
· Who has the crucial information required to make the best decision?
· How many people need to be involved?
Moving from a decision to an actionable plan
· Each task needs to be assigned to a person or people—otherwise, it probably won’t get carried out
· Meet each person where you find them
· Consider strengths
· Determine timelines and follow up
· Set up supports as well as boundaries and expectations
· Make room for ongoing adjustments
· Encouragement is as important as accountability