I would like my old life back
- I’m busy
- I have too much to do
- Things were feeling under control until this happened
- Many caregivers were thrust into that role by a sudden and unexpected diagnosis of someone who they love.
- Prior to that, they may have had a full life of relationships, occupations and interests.
- Many had a sustainable life balance.
- With the new caregiving role, the balance is often upended, leaving the caregiver confused as to their purpose, their passion, and who they are as a person.
- Without some assistance to regain their previous balance, a person can easily lose their True North and find themselves trudging along without meaning and feeling guilt for missing their old life.